SKU: BA.BA09237 Messes et pieces isolees liturgiques
. Composed by Louis Vierne. Edited by Helga Schauerte-Maubouet. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Louis Vierne. Complete Organ Works IX | BARENREITER URTEXT. Performance score, anthology. Composed 1894-1934. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09237_00. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09237).
ISBN 9790006535880. 30 x 23 cm inches. Text Language: French/English/German. Preface: Helga Schauerte-Maubouet.
Louis Vierne (1870-1937) studied privately with Csar Franck and was appointed titulaire organist at Notre-Dame (Paris) in 1900. Numerous concert tours throughout Europe and the USA made him well-known outside France.
Vierne’s organ works are masterpieces of organ music and firmly established in the virtuoso organ repertoire. In particular, Vierne took the form of the organ symphony to new stylistic heights and had a decisive influence on the development of the art of organ playing worldwide.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding