Organ, piano, harpsichord - Level 3
SKU: BA.BA08413 Il Primo Libro di Capricci fatti sopra diversi Soggetti, et Arie (Rom, Soldi, 1624)
. Composed by Girolamo Frescobaldi. Edited by Christopher Stembridge. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Girolamo Frescobaldi. Organ and Keyboard Works II | BARENREITER URTEXT. New edition. Performance score, anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA08413_00. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA08413).
ISBN 9790006506231. 24 x 30.5 cm inches. Text language: English/German. Preface: Christopher Stembridge.
Girolamo Frescobaldi’s music profoundly influenced such composers as Froberger, Buxtehude, Johann Sebastian Bach and Muffat.
The well-known Pidoux edition is now joined by Bärenreiter’s definitive new Urtext edition in six volumes. It offers professional musicians, musicologists and music lovers an unrivalled musical text that satisfies the needs of performers while providing a full account of the works’ genesis and surviving sources.
Each volume in this new edition features a detailed Foreword on the genesis of the works, the situation regarding sources, performance practice as well as the editorial method employed. A Critical Commentary rounds off each volume.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding