Chamber Ensemble Clarinet; Piano; Viola; Violin (Score & Parts)
SKU: HL.51480917 Clarinet in B-flat (Violin), Viola and Piano
. Composed by Robert Schumann. Edited by Ernst Herttrich. Arranged by Klaus Schilde. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover. 56 pages. G. Henle #HN917. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480917).
ISBN 9790201809175. UPC: 884088529383. 9.25x12.25x0.17 inches.
No romantic poetry or concrete fairytale figure inspired Schumann to write his opus 132. Today, we can assume that the title of the pieces, originally called Romances, was merely supposed to conjure up a poetic and fairytale world. Presumably inspired by Mozart's “Kegelstatt” Trio K. 498, Schumann occupied himself intensively with plans for a work for this distinctive combination of instruments, whose “unique effect” enthused him. Yet almost three years passed before he sent a publisher these works that he had “written with great pleasure”. The first edition contained a violin part as an alternative to the clarinet. As this part was authorized by Schumann, it is also included in this Urtext edition.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)