Strings Cello, Piano (Violoncello and Piano)
SKU: HL.51480417 Cello and Piano
. Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn. Edited by Sonja Gerlach. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Piano Reduction-paper bound. Classical. Set of parts (softcover). With introductory text, bowings and fingerings. 46 pages. G. Henle #HN417. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480417).
ISBN 9790201804170. UPC: 9790201804170. 9x12 inches.
Joseph Haydn's concertos for violoncello and orchestra stand out for their lightness and elegance. The Concerto in C major Hob. VIIb:1 was most likely written between 1762 and 1765, when Haydn was already in service as Kapellmeister, or music director, to Prince Esterhazy. The concerto was for a long time known only through an entry by Haydn in his handwritten catalog of works, and the music itself was unknown. It was not until 1961 that a copy of the work was found, and since then it has successfully held its own against the Concerto in D major Hob. VII:2. The services of Haydn specialist of Haydn specialist Sonja Gerlach have been obtained for this edition of the concerto with piano accompaniment. She enriches the Urtext edition with a detailed preface that also examines focuses on the execution of the ornaments and the cadenzas.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)