Baritone voice solo with piano (Baritone Voice Solo)
Composed by Jean-Philippe Rameau. Edited by Benoît Dratwicki, Julien Dubruque, and Sylvie Bouissou. Arranged by François Saint-Yves. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Airs d'opera/ Operatic arias. Vocal score, collection. 146 pages. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09198_00. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09198).
ISBN 9790006561407. 29.7 x 21 cm inches. Text Language: French. Preface: Bouissou, Sylvie / Dratwicki, Benoît / Dubruque, Julien.
This edition contains the great monologues, arias and ariettas that Rameau wrote for basse-taille (the 18th-century equivalent of today’s baritone). The volume, which contains a historical Introduction in German and English, is based on the critical edition of the works “Opera omnia” Rameau (OOR). A short description of the dramatic situation and an English translation of the vocal text precede each number.
The volume contains the baritone arias for the main characters from the following operas:
Castor et Pollux (Pollux)
Les Fêtes de Polymnie (Zimès)
Hippolyte et Aricie (Thse)
Les Indes galantes (Bellone, Huascar, Adario)
La Naissance d’Osiris (le grand Prêtre)
Nle et Myrthis (Nle)
Les Paladins (Orcan, Anselme)
La Princesse de Navarre (un Français)
Les Surprises de l’amour (Anacron, Astole)
Le Temple de la Gloire (l’Envie)
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding