There are currently no items in your cart.
String Quartet No. 6
- Look inside(1)
String Quartet No. 6 by Bohuslav Martinu (1890-1959). For string quartet (2 violins, viola, cello). Chamber music. Czech title: Smy covy kvartet 6. 20th Century. Miniature score. Publication language: Czech/German/English/French. No. 6. 67 pages. Published by Editio Baerenreiter Praha (PA.H7968).
ISBN 9790260103733. With Publication language: Czech/German/English/French. 20th Century. 22.5 x 16.5 cm inches.
An informative preface and critical commentary by Ales Brezina and Ivan Straus (Cz / Ger / Engl / Fr) - A new, practical edition at the forefront of Martinu scholarship - All existing sources consulted The String Quartet no. 6 by Bohuslav Martinu (1890-1959) represents a distinct step on the journey which the composer characterised as his development from geometry to fantasy and for which the almost continuous use of the principle of developing variations, restless harmonic development, the pulsation of minute rhythmic values and inventive work with sound are characteristic.The quartet, which was written in New York in the autumn of 1946, constitutes the beginning of the composer's later works, in which moods freely overflow regardless of any predefined formal layout. The editors of the new edition (based on the composer's autograph) have carefully removed all of the problematic and somewhat arbitrary editorial intervention in the sole existing edition dating from 1950 (actually 1955). With its urtext edition of the 6th quartet, Editio Bareneriter Praha has continued in its series of new publications of works by Bohuslav Martinu - quartets nos. 4 and 5 have already been published for this instrumental line-up.
String Quartet No. 6
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
String Quartet No. 6
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
More by this Composer: Bohuslav Martinu Sheet Music Bohuslav Martinu Cello Sheet Music Bohuslav Martinu Viola Sheet Music Bohuslav Martinu Violin Sheet Music Bohuslav Martinu String Quartet Sheet Music
Ensemble: String Quartet Music
Genre: 20th Century Sheet Music
Format: Miniature Score