J.S. Bach - Two-Part Inventions
Piano (Piano Solo) - SMP Level 8 (Early Advanced)
Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Edited by Christopher Taylor. Schirmer Performance Editions. Softcover Audio Online. 48 pages. Published by G. Schirmer (HL.296463).
Item Number: HL.296463
ISBN 0634073591. 9x12 inches.
Schirmer Performance Editions are designed for piano students and their teachers as well as for professional pianists. Pedagogical in nature, these editions offer insightful interpretive suggestions, permanent fingering, and historical and stylistic commentary. Prepared by renowned artists/teachers, these publications provide an accurate, well-informed score resource for pianists. J.S. Bach (1685-1750) composed the Two-Part Inventions for his son Wilhelm Friedemann. While giving the player a superb example of musical construction, they also teach the basics of articulation, rhythm, phrasing, fingering, ornamentation, and the development of a singing tone. These short masterpieces are essential repertoire for every pianist. Editor & recording artist: Christopher Taylor
This title has selections that range in difficulty from SMP Level 7-8.
About SMP Level 8 (Early Advanced)
4 and 5-note chords spanning more than an octave. Intricate rhythms and melodies.
- Historical Notes
- Performance Notes
- Invention No. 1 in C Major
- Invention No. 2 in C Minor
- Invention No. 3 in D Major
- Invention No. 4 in D minor
- Invention No. 5 in E-flat Major
- Invention No. 6 in E Major
- Invention No. 7 in E Minor
- Invention No. 8 in F Major
- Invention No. 9 in F Minor
- Invention No. 10 in G Major
- Invention No. 11 in G Minor
- Invention No. 12 in A Major
- Invention No. 13 in A minor
- Invention No. 14 in B-flat Major
- Invention No. 15 in B Minor