There are currently no items in your cart.
How to Play Diatonic Button-Accordion for accordion. This edition: Paperback. Instructional. Instructional, Learn To Play and Play Along. Instructional book and accompaniment CD. Text Language: English. 48 pages. Published by Santorella Publications (SP.TS110).
ISBN 9781585606627. With Text Language: English. Instructional, Learn To Play and Play Along.
How to Play Button Accordion * Volume One with CD by Henry Doktorski is unique, as every other button-method does not recognize that the button-accordion is a transposing instrument and all its music can be written in the key of "C." There are button-accordions in almost every key including C, G, D, F & Bb. The one-row button-accordion is a transposing instrument, so a player only needs to learn the fingering & notes for the C major scale. In order to play in another key, you would need another instrument tuned to that desired key. This greatly simplifies learning the instrument and allows the student to make rapid progress. Note reading is also not necessary to learn how to play the button-box. Indeed some of the greatest button-accordionists only play by ear. Like great jazz performers, this in no way detracts from their ability to create exciting and beautiful music. Nonetheless, a method book needs some kind of music notation. This book uses the solfege method; assigning the syllables do, re, mi, fa, sol, la and ti to the seven notes of the major scale. In 1965 the syllables do, re, mi, fa, sol, la and ti were immortalized in the hit movie & musical The Sound of Music. However, modern music notation is also presented along with the solfege syllables for those students who want to learn it. How To Play Button Accordion * Volume One published by Santorella Publications will explain in detail how to play the one-row Italian-style button-accordion. One row is perfectly suitable for playing most popular and folk melodies. Students who own two or three-row instruments still need to learn by playing one row. Although the left hand is not always used by button-box players, the left hand is taught in this method. It may be difficult to coordinate both hands together, but with patient, persistent practice, success will most assuredly come. Includes; Taps - Assembly - Reveille - First Call - Down in the Valley - When the Saints Go Marching In - Good Night, Ladies - My Darling Clementine - The Itsy Bitsy Spider - Alouette - London Bridge - This Old Man - Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star - Frere Jacque - Pop Goes the Weasel - Row, Row, Row Your Boat - On Top of Old Smoky - Drink To Me Only With Thine Eyes - Camptown Races - Come to the Sea (Vieni Sul Mar) - Du, Du Liegst Mir Im Herzen - Las Chiapanecas - Minuet No. 1 - Minuet No. 2.
How to Play Diatonic Button-Accordion
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
How to Play Diatonic Button-Accordion
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: Accordion Sheet Music