Foundations For Superior Performance, Flute
Band flute - Book A,1
Composed by Jeff King, Richard Williams. Program/technic book. Method book. Published by Neil A. Kjos Music Company (KJ.W32FL).
Item Number: KJ.W32FL
As band directors in the Duncanville Independent School District (SW of Dallas, TX) Richard Williams and Jeff King were continually looking for materials that would help them achieve the musical goals they set for their band students. Like many band directors, they found themselves writing numerous hand-outs covering basic warm-ups, scales, and technical exercises. Over the years they have refined, edited, and organized their classroom materials into Foundations For Superior Performance.
This series is designed to help organize the daily rehearsal and to improve the overall performance level of the ensemble. From as little as five minutes a day, to forty-five minutes a day, this series offers the flexibility and options to fit any particular band situation. It also provides the director with the resources to meet each student on his or her own level while challenging them to reach the next level.
By using Foundations For Superior Performance, the following areas can be improved:
* Sound (tone production).
* Articulation (styles and concepts).
* Greater flexibility, agility and, endurance.
* Increased range.
* Individual and ensemble listening skills.
* Technique in all twelve major and minor keys.
* Basic understanding of music theory.
- Moonlight Sonata Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Morning, Noon And Night In Vienna Performed by Johann Strauss Jr.
- Encore-Tales from the Vienna Woods Performed by Franz Lehar
- Entrance And Opening
- A Shamrock Celebration
- In Old Vienna
- Gypsy Serenade
- Encore-Feudin' Fiddles
- Editorial Criteria
- Sources And Historical Data
- Aspects Of Baroque Performance
- Rhythmic Flexibility
- Rhetoric And Affect
- Original Notation Symbols