Vltava for Piano Duet
1 piano, 4 hands - Level 3
Composed by Bedrich Smetana (1824-1884). Edited by Hugh MacDonald. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Barenreiter Urtext. Performance score. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09549. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09549).
Item Number: BA.BA09549
ISBN 9790260105904. 24 x 30.5 cm inches. Text Language: Czech/English/German. Preface: Olga Mojzisova.
Vltava(The Moldau) is Smetana's most famous and frequently performed tone poem. It was written between 20 November and 8 December 1874, but only in 1879-1880 with the completion of the entire cycle"Ma vlast", did the full score and his version for piano duet appear in print.
In addition to the orchestral version, Hugh Macdonald's new Urtext edition also includes the composer's own version for piano duet.
* Urtext edition with Primo and Secondo parts printed on facing pages
* Clear and uncluttered engraving
* Informative foreword (Eng/Cz/Ger) including a contribution by Smetana scholar Olga Mojzisova
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
Customers Who Bought Vltava for Piano Duet Also Bought: