There are currently no items in your cart.
Violoncello Sonata in E minor, Op. 38
Strings Cello; Piano Accompaniment (Violoncello and Piano)
Cello and Piano. Composed by Johannes Brahms (1833-1897). Edited by Claus Kanngiesser, Egon Voss, Johannes Behr, and Klaus Schilde. Arranged by Claus Kanngiesser and Klaus Schilde. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Revised edition, with marked and unmarked string part. TCL 2016 Grade: 8 -- TCL 2016 remarks: rec. 2016-2019. Classical. Paperbound. G. Henle #HN1134. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481134).
Item Number: HL.51481134
ISBN 9790201811345. 9.25x12.0x0.172 inches.
The E minor Cello Sonata is the first work for one solo instrument and piano which the meticulous composer also had published. In summer 1865 Brahms offered it to the publisher Simrock as a sonata "whose two instruments are both absolutely easy to play" - and rightly so: contrary to the later F Major Sonata Op. 99 (51481135), this early sonata is technically less demanding, yet musically more striking at the same time, so that it is a hit with amateurs and professionals alike. Henle's new edition is based on the new Brahms Complete Edition and thus boasts, besides in-depth commentary, a musical text revised according to the latest scholarly findings. Includes a marked and unmarked cello part.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)