The Techniques of Accordion Playing / Die Spieltechnik des Akkordeons
Composed by Bettina Buchmann. Paperback. Mit Falttafel mit den Knopfreihen in Originalgrosse. Instructional. Book, CD. 121 pages. Baerenreiter Verlag #BVK01930. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BVK01930).
Item Number: BA.BVK01930
ISBN 9783761819302. 29 x 21 cm inches. Language: English/German.
In view of the enormous upswing in popularity that the accordion has experienced as an avantgarde instrument in the last decades of the twentieth century, a systematic elaboration of the latest instrumental techniques and forms of expression, as well as detailed instructions on how to employ the accordion have been sorely lacking.
This book explains all the playing techniques, registers as well as tonal potentials and expressive possibilities of the accordion. It demonstrates the distinctive elements of these techniques and in addition, gives composers valuable information concerning notation.
A CD with examples of sound techniques and excerpts from the repertoire is included. An extra fold-out chart presents a full-sized layout of the treble and bass sides, helping composers to check fingering possibilities. This long-awaited book will be an essential tool for composers, performers and teachers.
- Comprehensive description of all relevant playing techniques on the button accordion
- Practical notation suggestions for composers
- Music examples from important contemporary works
- CD containing examples of all registration and playing techniques and excerpts from the repertoire
- Full size, fold-out chart giving the arrangement of the buttons on the instrument
- Text in two languages (Ger/Eng)
Customers Who Bought The Techniques of Accordion Playing / Die Spieltechnik des Akkordeons Also Bought: