There are currently no items in your cart.
Six Motets (Sechs Motetten)
Composed by Louis-Nicolas Clerambault. Edited by Jan-Piet Knijff. This edition: Paperbound. French Sacred Music. German title: Six Motets Religieux. Sacred vocal music, Motets. Full score. 32 pages. Carus Verlag #CV 09.521/00. Published by Carus Verlag (CA.952100).
Item Number: CA.952100
After 1733 Louis-Nicolas Clerambault published in Paris a collection of six sacred motets (C 58-63). They were scored for soprano, mezzo soprano (for soloists or chorally) and basso continuo and were intended for use in services as well as for the exercise of religious duties in a convent. The high quality of these works and the relative scarcity of original compositions for women's choir from the baroque era led to the publication of this collection in the first ever critical edition.
- Hodie Christus natus est Performed by Louis-Nicolas Clerambault
- Ecce Deus Salvator Performed by Louis-Nicolas Clerambault
- Domine, refugium factus est Performed by Louis-Nicolas Clerambault
- Ante thronum Trinitatis Performed by Louis-Nicolas Clerambault
- Domine, salvum fac regem Performed by Louis-Nicolas Clerambault
- Domine, ante te