There are currently no items in your cart.
Composed by Gerard Bunk. Edited by Jan Boecker and Wolfgang Stockmeier. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Gerard Bunk. Complete Organ Works IV \| BARENREITER URTEXT. Performance score, anthology. Opus 43, 49, 54, 57. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09284. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09284).
Item Number: BA.BA09284
ISBN 9790006537181. 30 x 23 cm inches. Text Language: German/English. Preface: Jan Boecker/Wolfgang Stockmeier.
Gerard Bunk (1888-1958) was one of the greatest organists of the first half of the 20th century who, besides Reger, was able to develop his own characteristic style. His organ compositions divide into free individual works, character pieces, chorale preludes and six large-scale concert works.
Volume IV contains organ works composed between 1912 and 1915, comparable in quality with works by Max Reger and Sigfrid Karg-Elert. Harmonically bold and full of individual style, they are one of the last milestones in the late Romantic style before the advent of the Organ Reform Movement.
This Urtext edition, prepared by the composer's grandson, is the result of extensive, meticulous research into the sources and reflects the latest musicological findings. Each volume contains a detailed foreword, numerous facsimiles and illustrations and a critical commentary.
The complete edition will comprise a total of six volumes.
- First complete Urtext edition
- Each volume contains a detailed foreword and critical commentary (Ger/Eng)
- Numerous facsimiles and illustrations
Contents (BA 9284):
Festliche Stunde (Marche festivale) op. 43
Piece heroique op. 49
Eight Character Pieces op. 54
No. 1: Melodie
No. 2: Scherzando
No. 3: Impromptu
No. 4: Improvisation
No. 5: Pastorale
No. 6: Aeolsharfe
No. 7: Canzone
No. 8: Allelujah
Fantasie op. 57
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
- Festliche Stunde (Marche festivale) Op. 43
- Piece heroique Op. 49
- Eight Character Pieces Op. 54
- Fantasie Op. 57
Customers Who Bought Samtliche Orgelwerke, Band IV Also Bought: