There are currently no items in your cart.
This item will ship directly from our Australia warehouse!
Double Bass, Piano
For Double Bass and Piano. Composed by Gioachino Rossini (1792-1868). Edited by Tobias Glockler. Strings, Repertoire, Solos. Une Larme. Softcover Book. 13 pages. G. Henle #HN571. Published by G. Henle (HU.HN571).
Item Number: HU.HN571
In the late 1850s, when Rossini was composing only for his own private pleasure, he wrote a little elegy for double bass and piano that he entitled une larme (a tear). Its theme also served as the basis for a larger-scale set of variations for cello and piano. The importance that Rossini ascribed to this short piece for double bass is demonstrated not least by the fact that he made a richly ornamented dedication copy of it in 1858. This hitherto little-known source is in Russia and has now been consulted for the first-ever time for a critical Urtext edition. As in Henle's other Urtext editions for this instrument, the double bass specialist Tobias Glockler has prepared a version in solo tuning and orchestral tuning and added fingerings and bowings to the solo part.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)