There are currently no items in your cart.
Cello, Piano Accompaniment (cello part and piano score)
For Cello and Piano Reduction. Composed by Richard Strauss (1864-1949). Edited by Peter Jost. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover. 26 pages. G. Henle #HN1468. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481468).
Item Number: HL.51481468
Just a few months after completing his Cello Sonata op. 6, Strauss composed another work for this instrument: a Romance for cello and orchestra, which remained unpublished during his lifetime. According to the autograph manuscript, the composition was finished on June 27, 1883, and Strauss also prepared the piano reduction himself. The Romance is regarded as one of Strauss' most mature youthful works, though it was long overshadowed by the cello sonata, despite several quite successful performances given by the then-famous principal cellist of the Munich Court Orchestra, Hanus Wihan. Only since the posthumous first edition of 1986 has the music world been rediscovering this striking work, which now also appears in a Henle Urtext edition.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)