There are currently no items in your cart.
Ransom Wilson plays Damase & Francaix
By Ransom Wilson; Jean-Michael Damase; Jacques Tys; Arnarud Leroy; Orpheus Chamber Ensemble. By Jean-Michael Damase; Jean Francaix. Country of Origin: United Kingdom. Classical. Listening CD. Published by Naxos (NX.NI6304).
Item Number: NX.NI6304
Damase's music combines grace and sparkling wit with a gentle nobility. The essential simplicity of his writing, especially when compared to the voguish intellectual inscrutability of the avant garde, led to his being side-lined at a time when novelty was all the rage. Yet although he was highly prolific, little of his music is known outside his native France. The works featured in this recital epitomise nearly half-a-century of creative endeavour. Of the younger composers from whom Damase drew freely for creative inspiration, he felt the greatest affinity with Francaix. Francaix showed exceptional talent from an early age and was already composing freely by the age of six. Highly prolific - he once described himself as 'constantly composing' - Francaix established his reputation during the 1930s with a series of works (most notably his Concertino for piano and orchestra) that demonstrate his effortless command of a wide range of genres. The wind family of instruments plays a crucial role in many of Francaix's 200 or so published works and of these the flute is pre-eminent.
About Listening CDs
Listening CDs are traditional music recordings. Listening CDs make a great educational supplement - hear exceptional professionals play the music you're learning! Or, just enjoy listening to the music you love.
- 01. Scherzo for Flute & Piano Composed by Jean-Michael Damase
- 02-05. Trio for Flute, Oboe & Piano Composed by Jean-Michael Damase
- 06. Variations for Flute & Piano Composed by Jean-Michael Damase
- 07-10. Quatour for Flute, Oboe, Clarinet & Piano Composed by Jean-Michael Damase
- 11. Duettino for Flute & Piano Composed by Jean-Michael Damase
- 12-17. Suite for Solo Flute Composed by Jean-Michael Damase
- 18-22. Divertimento for Flute & Chamber Ensemble Composed by Jean-Michael Damase