By Heather Roche. By Max Murray; Chikako Morishita; Martin Iddon; Aaron Einbond. Classical. 1 listening CD. Published by Naxos (NX.HCR09CD).
Item Number: NX.HCR09CD
Ptelea came to be through the spirit of collaboration. Six pieces by six artists from all over the world- the United States, the UK, Japan, Norway, and Chile- all engage intimately with the clarinet and its performer. This collection of pieces pertain to aspects of limitation or resistance and explore the margins of boundaries. One will hear softly evolving dyads (Bauck), sounds that explore the border of inaudibility (Morishita), and human voices that transpire from the bell of the clarinet (Einbond). Clarinettist Heather Roche views her role as recording artist here as a bridge between composers and performers.
About Listening CDs
Listening CDs are traditional music recordings. Listening CDs make a great educational supplement - hear exceptional professionals play the music you're learning! Or, just enjoy listening to the music you love.
- 01. Resistance Composed by Aaron Einbond
- 02. Lizard (shadow) Composed by Chikako Morishita
- 03. Ptelea Composed by Martin Iddon
- 04. kopenhagener stille Composed by Martin Rane Bauck
- 05. Instead Composed by Pedro Alvarez
- 06. Ad Marginem des Versuchs Composed by Max Murray