Pieces de clavecin for Harpsichord (Premier livre)
Harpsichord - Level 5
Composed by Francois Couperin (1668-1733). Edited by Denis Herlin. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Premier livre. Performance score. Composed 1713. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA10844. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA10844).
Item Number: BA.BA10844
ISBN 9790006505616. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Text Language: French/English. Preface: Denis Herlin.
The high point of French clavecin music
The original edition of the first volume of Couperin's"Pieces de clavecin"(1713), supervised by the composer himself, is noteworthy for its extraordinary notational precision. It contains exacting performance instructions, for which Couperin created his own symbols. This new Urtext edition in a modern engraving retains the essential features of the original print, such as the distinction between curved ties and straight legato slurs, thereby giving today's players fascinating insights into the special sound of this music.
The editor has, for the first time, closely analysed the various proofs of the original edition, some of which he discovered himself. He lists these alternative readings in the Critical Commentary.
The edition also presents conflicting versions of several pieces as well as an anonymous work possibly attributable to Couperin. A detailed Foreword, notes on period performance practice and facsimile illustrations round off this edition, making it indispensable to all admirers and performers of French clavecin music.
* First evaluation of an extensive number of sources
* With Couperin's original expression marks
* Contains optimum page turns
* Notes on performance practice, detailed trilingual Foreword (Fr/Eng) and a Critical Commentary (Eng)
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
Customers Who Bought Pieces de clavecin for Harpsichord (Premier livre) Also Bought: