Pelleas et Melisande, op. 80
Suite for Orchestra. Composed by Gabriel Faure (1845-1924). Edited by Robin Tait. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Barenreiter Urtext. Single part. Opus 80. 7 pages. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA07895-82. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA07895-82).
Item Number: BA.BA07895-82
ISBN 9790006564286. 32.5 x 25.5 cm inches.
Incidental music with the famous Sicilienne
Faure wrote Pelleas et Melisande in 1898 originally as incidental music to Maurice Maeterlinck's like-named play. After the premiere and subsequent performances, he set about reworking the musical material into an orchestral suite. The premiere of the originally three-movement suite took place in February 1901 under the baton of Camille Chevillard.
In December 1912, the four-movement version of Pelleas et Melisande was finally premiered. The additional movement, the Sicilienne, was taken from the third interlude of the incidental music. This delightful piece would later become one of Faure's most popular compositions and now exists in countless arrangements.
BA$?renreiter's new scholarly-critical edition of the four-movement orchestral suite Pelleas et Melisande op. 80 is based on Gabriel Faure The Complete Works, Volume IV/2 which appeared in 2016.
* First Urtext edition
* Based on Gabriel Faure The Complete Works
* Score and orchestral parts in a large format (25.5 x 32.5 cm).
About Barenreiter Urtext Orchestral Parts
Why musicians love to play from BÃ¤renreiter Urtext Orchestral Parts
- Urtext editions as close as possible to the composerâ€™s intentions
- With alternate versions in full score and parts
- Orchestral parts in an enlarged format of 25.5cm x 32.5cm
- With cues, rehearsal letters, and page turns where players need them
- Clearly presented divisi passages so that players know exactly what they have to play
- High-quality paper with a slight yellow tinge which does not glare under lights and is thick enough that reverse pages do not shine through