There are currently no items in your cart.
By Allentown Band; Ronald Demkee. By John Philip Sousa (1854-1932). Classical. Listening CD. Published by Naxos (NX.AMP2D059).
Item Number: NX.AMP2D059
While deservedly known as America's "March King," Sousa was also an accomplished composer of operettas, descriptive pieces, songs, humoresques, waltzes and other dance forms. The incredible success of the Sousa band was in no small part due to the fact that Sousa was also a master showman. He was able to read the musical tastes of his audiences and he provided what they wanted, which frequently included an unabashed touch of humor and descriptive selections. A brilliant arranger, Sousa developed his humoresques with the use of clever variations on a well know melody, or a series of songs with a common theme. His humoresques also frequently showcase various soloists, or sections of instruments in addition to humorous sound effects. We hope that you enjoy this collection of seldom heard Sousa.
About Listening CDs
Listening CDs are traditional music recordings. Listening CDs make a great educational supplement - hear exceptional professionals play the music you're learning! Or, just enjoy listening to the music you love.
- 01. Mikado March
- 02. Humoresque on Jerome Kern's Look for the Silver Lining (with some extra padding)
- 03. Humoresque: Listen to My Tale of Woe
- 04. Intaglio Waltzes
- 05. The Chantyman's March
- 06. Humoresque: Sewanee
- 07. A Mingling of the Wets and Drys (A Prohibition-Era Fantasy)
- 08. Cubaland Mvt. 1 Under the Spanish Flag
- 09. Cubaland Mtv. 2 Under the American Flag
- 10. Cubaland Mvt. 3 Under the Cuban Flag
- 11. Mother Hubbard March
- 12. Mother Goose March