There are currently no items in your cart.
Orford Six Pianos: Khatchatourian, Prokofiev, Tchaikovski & Moussorgski, Vol. 2
By Claire Ouellet, Francis Perron, Louis Dominique Roy, Mariane Patenaude, Orford Six Pianos, Pamela Reimer, and Sandra Murray. By Aram Il'yich Khachaturian, Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840-1893), Sergei Prokofiev (1891-1953), and Modest Petrovich Mussorgsky (1839-1881). Classical. 1 listening CD. ATMA Classique #ACD2 2733. Published by ATMA Classique (NX.ACD2-2733).
Item Number: NX.ACD2-2733
Six pianists. Sometimes soloists, often accompanists, always performers. This second recording by the Orford Six Pianos ensemble marks the 10th anniversary of a group whose name evokes the French 20th century composers known as "Les Six". "Anything rhythmic works well with this lineup -- Russian music and symphonic pieces are perfect for pianos," says ensemble member Mariane Patenaude. For this album, Olivier Godin, Francis Perron, and Louis Dominique Roy have transcribed works by Prokofiev, Tchaikovsky, and Khachaturian, adapting them for piano sextet.
About Listening CDs
Listening CDs are traditional music recordings. Listening CDs make a great educational supplement - hear exceptional professionals play the music you're learning! Or, just enjoy listening to the music you love.
- 01-05. Gayaneh (Five Movements from Orchestral Suite) Composed by Aram Ilyich Khachaturian
- 06-09. Symphony No. 1 in D major, Op. 25 "Symphonie Classique" Composed by Sergei Prokofiev
- 10. Romeo and Juliet (Overture-fantaisie) Composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- 11. Une nuit sur le mont Chauve Composed by Modest Petrovich Mussorgsky
- 12-16. Orchestral Suite from incidental music written for Lemontov's play Composed by Mascarade