There are currently no items in your cart.
Neue Ausgabe samtlicher Orgel- und Clavierwerke, Band 2
Organ, harpsichord, piano
Composed by Vincent (Senior) Lubeck. Edited by Siegbert Rampe. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Performance score, anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA08450. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA08450).
Item Number: BA.BA08450
ISBN 9790006526048. 30.5 x 24 cm inches.
In the years around 1700, Vincent Lubeck (1654-1740) was considered one of the leading composers of Northern Europe. The organ builder Arp Schnitger, whose instruments served as Lubeck's sound-ideal, even referred to him as theworld-famous organist. Lubeck's compositions are related stylistically and qualitatively to those of Dietrich Buxtehude and the North German organ school. This two-volume Urtext edition is the first to contain all of the currently available organ and clavier works by Vincent Lubeck pere and fils.
A number of unknown compositions whose sources have previously been overlooked appear here for the first time in print. Special attention has been given to the manuscript S.M.G 1691, previously thought to be lost. Besides five works by Lubeck the Elder, it also contains the only known compositions of his like-named son (1684-1755) as well as 38 clavier pieces and 22 chorale settings, all of which derive from Lubeck's circles in Hamburg and are published in the appendices to the two volumes. Our edition is rigorously based on the surviving source materials.
Each volume contains a critical report and a detailed preface with sections on the sources, ornamentation, editorial technique and performance practice. Rounding off this scholarly-critical performance edition are a number of facsimiles.
- First complete scholarly-critical edition of the surviving organ works of Lubeck pere and fils
- Recently rediscovered sources taken into account (S.M.G. 1691)
- Critical report, informative preface (English/German), facsimiles
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
Customers Who Bought Neue Ausgabe samtlicher Orgel- und Clavierwerke, Band 2 Also Bought: