There are currently no items in your cart.
Neue Ausgabe samtlicher Orgel- und Clavierwerke, Band 1
Organ, harpsichord, piano
Composed by Vincent (Senior) Lubeck, Vincent (Junior) Lubeck. Edited by Siegbert Rampe. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Performance score, anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA08449. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA08449).
Item Number: BA.BA08449
ISBN 9790006524211. 24 x 30.5 cm inches.
At the beginning of the 18th century Vincent Lubeck (1654-1740) was one of the leading composers of Northern Europe . Arp Schnitger , the organ builder whose instruments defined Lubeck's ideal sound, even called him theworld-famous organist. Stylistically, Lubeck's works stand on a par with those of Dietrich Buxtehude and the Northern German organ school.
This two-volume Urtext edition is the first to present all currently accessible organ and clavier works by Vincent Lubeck senoir and junior. A number of unknown compositions whose sources had previously been ignored appear here for the first time in print. Special attention is devoted to the manuscript S.M.G. 1691, once thought to be lost.
Besides five works by the elder Lubeck , it also contains the only known compositions of his like-named son (1684-1755) as well as 38 clavier pieces and 22 chorale settings.
All pieces originated in Lubeck's circles in Hamburg and are published in the appendices of the two volumes. The present edition strictly follows the surviving source material. Besides a critical report, each volume contains a lengthy preface with sections on the sources, ornamentation, editorial method and performance practice. Facsimiles round off a publication of interest to performers and scholars alike.
- First complete edition of Vincent Lubeck's (Senior Junior) organ works
- Newly rediscovered sources (MS S.M.G. 1691)
- Urtext edition
- Critical report, informative preface (English/German), facsimiles
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
Customers Who Bought Neue Ausgabe samtlicher Orgel- und Clavierwerke, Band 1 Also Bought: