There are currently no items in your cart.
Music from SEAMUS, Vol. 25
By Joseph Van Hassel; Paul J. Botelho; Nicole Paglialonga; Lilit Hartunian; Scott Deal; Mary Boodell; Jeffrey Stolet; John Nichols III. By Paul J. Botelho; Benjamin Broening; Elainie Lillios; John Nichols III; Mark Phillips; Jeffrey Stolet; Dan VanHassel; Kirsten Volness. Classical. Listening CD. Published by Naxos (NX.EAM2016).
Item Number: NX.EAM2016
Electro-acoustic music refers to any music that is dependent upon electronic technology for its sound production or performance. In 1984, The Society for Electro-Acoustic Music in the United States (SEAMUS) was founded as a non-profit organization to support the teachers, composers, and performers of this specialized genre. This release, Music from Seamus Volume 25, features eight premiere recordings of works which were chosen for this album at the SEAMUS National Conference. A couple of notable tracks include Dan VanHassle's "fzzl," a work for snare drum and live electronics that draws its inspiration from West African drumming, experimental electronics, and hip hop, as well as Jeffrey Stolet's "Imagined Destinies," which is an interactive performance composition for music software, a book, and two microphones with text centered around two countries working toward peace.
About Listening CDs
Listening CDs are traditional music recordings. Listening CDs make a great educational supplement - hear exceptional professionals play the music you're learning! Or, just enjoy listening to the music you love.
- 01. fzzl Composed by Dan Van Hassel
- 02. Rising Composed by Paul J. Botelho
- 03. Violin Power Composed by Mark Phillips
- 04. Imagined Destinies Composed by Jeffrey Stolet
- 05. Nothing That Breathes Composed by John Nichols III
- 06. River Rising Composed by Kirsten Volness
- 07. The Rush of the Brook Stills the Mind Composed by Elainie Lillios
- 08. Twilight Shift Composed by Benjamin Broening