Mass F major "Missa Romana"
First violin (Coro I) - Level 3
Composed by Giovanni Battista Pergolesi (1710-1736). Edited by Caroline Ritchie and Malcolm Bruno. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Barenreiter Urtext. Single part. 15 pages. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA08958-15. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA08958-15).
Item Number: BA.BA08958-15
ISBN 9790006557639. 32.5 x 25.5 cm inches. Key: F major. Language of work: Latin, Text language: German, English.
The Missa in F of 1734 for two or four choirs is probably Pergolesi's most important work for choir and orchestra.
The nickname Missa Romana was added later in reference to a performance given in Rome during Pergolesi's lifetime.
This Urtext edition presents the work for the first time in the four-choir version that Pergolesi wrote for the above mentioned performance in Rome.
Choirs III and IV are reproduced in smaller type and are added to the version for double choir in order to intensify the overall sound.
This allows the work to be performed not only with two choirs but also in the delightful enlarged version for four choirs.
Rounding off the edition are an informative Foreword (Eng/Ger) and a Critical Commentary (Eng).
- First publication with choirs III and IV
- Can be performed with both two or four choirs
- Idiomatic, well-presented piano reduction.
About Barenreiter Urtext Orchestral Parts
Why musicians love to play from BÃ¤renreiter Urtext Orchestral Parts
- Urtext editions as close as possible to the composerâ€™s intentions
- With alternate versions in full score and parts
- Orchestral parts in an enlarged format of 25.5cm x 32.5cm
- With cues, rehearsal letters, and page turns where players need them
- Clearly presented divisi passages so that players know exactly what they have to play
- High-quality paper with a slight yellow tinge which does not glare under lights and is thick enough that reverse pages do not shine through
Top Selling Violin Titles