Lord, I Want to Be a Christian (for Voice and 8-note Boomwhackers®)
Piano Accompaniment, Xylophone, Percussion Ensemble, Voice - Easy/Beginner
Composed by Traditional Spiritual. Arranged by Sharon Wilson. Christian, Spiritual, Classroom, Folk, Children's Music. Lead Sheet, Score, Set of Parts. 8 pages. Published by Sharon Wilson (S0.298995).
Item Number: S0.298995
This arrangement is for voice (either solo or unison group singing) with chord accompaniment using 8-note (C major diatonic scale) Boomwhackers® and an optional easy Piano accompaniment. The following pages provide several options for learning, teaching, and enjoying this timeless hymn.
This packet includes the following pages:
* chord chart using colored noteheads corresponding to the Boomwhackers® color system
* 2-page combined score with the melody (for voice with the lyrics for one verse) on the top staff and Boomwhackers® 3-note chords on the bottom staff
* 1-page melody staff with lyrics and chord names (referring to the chord chart, follow the chord names above the staff to whack out the 4 beats in each measure using the corresponding Boomwhackers®
* 1-page with lyrics and chords for 4 verses divided into beats (referring to the chord chart, whack out the beat using the corresponding chord indicated above each syllable, word, or phrase); this page is most useful once the melody and rhythm have been learned
* 1-page piano accompaniment score (the right hand plays the melody, especially helpful if the melody is unfamiliar)
This arrangement is one of the hymns in a series of “Timeless Hymns for Voice and Boomwhackers®” and probably the easiest since it only has two chords: C and F. These hymn arrangements provide an excellent teaching tool for families, schools, churches, and other children’s ministries. Children will enjoy learning the lyrics and tunes of these classic hymns while accompanying themselves by whacking out chords with the Boomwhackers®. Frequent use of these songs will store the hymns’ messages in their memory which they will cherish throughout their lifetime.
Other suggestions and uses:
* have the melody played by other instruments with a range of A below middle C to high C (one octave above middle C) such as 20-note handbells, xylophones, or glockenspiels; alternate singing one verse with playing an instrument on the melody for a second verse
* use multiple sets of Boomwhackers® to amplify the sound and allow more people to enjoy whacking the tubes
* use as part of the music education for children at school, home, or church
* these colorful, inexpensive instruments can be enjoyed by all ages and add a fun, unique element to activities and programs: senior centers, family reunions, church retreats, home school groups, just to name a few
Permission is granted to make as many copies as needed for one family, church, or other group.
Boomwhackers® is a registered trademark of Rhythm Band Instruments, LLC, Fort Worth, TX
About SMP Press
This product was created by a member of SMP Press, our global community of independent composers, arrangers, and songwriters. Our independent musicians have created unique compositions and arrangements for the Sheet Music Plus community, many of which are not available anywhere else.
Click here to see more titles from these independent creators and to learn more about SMP Press.
Please note this product may not be eligible for all sales, promotions or coupons offered through Sheet Music Plus - please check promotional details for specifics.
About Digital Downloads
Digital Downloads are downloadable sheet music files that can be viewed directly on your computer, tablet or mobile device. Once you download your digital sheet music, you can view and print it at home, school, or anywhere you want to make music, and you don’t have to be connected to the internet. Just purchase, download and play!
PLEASE NOTE: Your Digital Download will have a watermark at the bottom of each page that will include your name, purchase date and number of copies purchased. You are only authorized to print the number of copies that you have purchased. You may not digitally distribute or print more copies than purchased for use (i.e., you may not print or digitally distribute individual copies to friends or students).
Top Selling Vocal Titles