Leichte Orgelstuecke des 19. Jahrhunderts, Band 4
Organ - Level 3
Edited by Martin Weyer. Paperback. Easy Organ Pieces, Volume 4. Performance score, anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09259. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09259).
Item Number: BA.BA09259
ISBN 9790006536108. 24 x 30.5 cm inches. Text Language: German/English. Preface: Martin Weyer.
As with the earlier volumes in the series Easy Organ Pieces from the 19th Century, volume IV contains a collection of short freely-composed organ pieces for one- and two-manual instruments suitable for semi-professional organists.
This volume is arranged by composer rather than key as in previous volumes. The three composers represented here are biographically linked.
Rheinberger whose organ works form the most significant contribution to the German repertoire between Mendelssohn and Reger is represented by the Six Short Pieces (1898) and as a first edition four early organ pieces (1858) which were not included in the Complete Edition. The two other composers in this collection are Josef Renner (Jr.) who was a pupil of Rheinberger with his Twelve Trios for organ, op. 39 and the Englishman John Ebenezer West. West was an admirer of Rheinberger's music and his Passacaglia in B minor dedicated to the memory of Rheinberger is included.
- First edition of organ works by Rheinberger and works by his pupils and admirers
- Romantic performance repertoire; easy to medium difficulty
- Suitable for performance on smaller instruments
- Pieces of short duration, therefore ideal for use in church services
- Detailed foreword (Ger/Eng) with tips on performance practice
- Faksimilia - Facsimiles
Sechs kurze Stucke / Six Short Pieces WoO 26 (1898) Performed by Josef Gabriel Rheinberger
- I. Prelude (C major)
- II. Intermezzo (E minor)
- III. Epilogue (E flat major)
- IV. Canzonetta (E major)
- V. Consolation (B flat major)
- VI. Trio (D minor)
- Vier fruhe Orgelstucke / Four early Pieces for Organ (1858) First publication Performed by Josef Gabriel Rheinberger
- Vor dem Evangelium / Before the Gospel
- I. Langsam / Slow
- II. Moderato
- III. Langsam / Slow
- Nach dem "Ite missa est" / After the "Ite missa est"
- Zwolf Trios fur Orgel op. 39 / Twelve Trios for Organ op. 39 Performed by Josef Renner (Jr.)
- I. Moderato (C major)
- II. Allegretto (G major)
- III. Andante (D minor)
- IV. Canon. Moderato (D major)
- V. Andante (B flat major)
- VI. Allegretto (E flat major)
- VII. Adagio (A minor)
- VIII. Andante (F major)
- IX. Canon. Moderato (A major)
- X. Andante (E minor)
- XI. Canon. Andante (G major)
- XII. Canon. Moderato assai (B flat major)
- Passacaglia (1899) Performed by John Ebenezer West
Customers Who Bought Leichte Orgelstuecke des 19. Jahrhunderts, Band 4 Also Bought: