Laura Young plays Max Reger
By Laura Young. By Max Reger (1873-1916). Classical. Listening CD. Published by Gramola (NX.GRAM99072).
Item Number: NX.GRAM99072
Born and raised in Toronto, Canada, Laura began her study of music at the age of six, becoming a dedicated classical guitarist when she was nine. She enthuses the audience with her unique style and surprises with daring concert programs. Commemorating the 100th anniversary of his death, Laura Young presents solo works by Max Reger. Prelude and Fugue E minor Op. 177/3 and G major Op. 131a/3 and the Sonata D minor Op. 42/1 were originally set for solo violin. These works, composed in neoclassical style, can be viewed at as a hommage to Joh. Seb. Bach, picking up compositional patterns and harmonic parameters of his legacy. Indeed, many of the expressions and phrases of the Suites for cello solo Op. 131c No. 1 and No. 3 also could inadvertently be attributed to the Baroque master himself.
About Listening CDs
Listening CDs are traditional music recordings. Listening CDs make a great educational supplement - hear exceptional professionals play the music you're learning! Or, just enjoy listening to the music you love.
- 01-02. Prelude and Fugue in E minor for Solo Violin, Op. 117, No. 3
- 03-06. Sonata in D minor for Solo Violin, Op. 42, No. 1
- 07-08. Prelude and Fugue in G major for Solo Violin, Op. 131a, No. 3
- 09-16. Suite No. 3 in A minor for Solo Cello, Op. 131c, No. 3
- 17-19. Suite No. 1 in G major for Solo Cello, Op. 131c, No. 1