Kleine Orgelchoralbearbeitungen, op. 8, Nr. 3 und einzeln uberlieferte Choralbearbeitungen
Centenniel Jubilee Edition. Composed by Hugo Distler (1908-1942). Edited by Armin Schoof. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Hugo Distler. New Edition of the Complete Organ Works II \| BARENREITER URTEXT. Edition for Distler's 100th anniversary. Performance score, anthology. Opus 8. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09232. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09232).
Item Number: BA.BA09232
ISBN 9790006534456. 30.5 x 24 cm inches.
Hugo Distler studied organ with Gunther Ramin and composition with Hermann Grabner in Leipzig .
He then worked as cantor and organist at St. Jacobi in Lubeck and taught composition and organ at the Stuttgart Musikhochschule from 1937 onwards.
In 1940 he took up the same position at the Berlin Musikhochschule and also became director of the Berlin Cathedral Choir in 1941.
Considerably influenced by the Lubeck Stellwagen organ at St. Jacobi, he championed the characteristic pre-Baroque and Baroque sound of the organ and the forms which best suited it. His stylistic preference was for a specifically neo-Baroque, functional-objective type of sound.
This critical edition with previously unpublished works includes the forewords of the first editions, facsimiles, a critical commentary for each volume as well as a list of sources.
- First Urtext edition of Hugo Distler's organ works
- Includes previously unpublished works
- Reflects the latest state of research
- Detailed foreword, critical commentary (Ger/Eng), facsimiles and tips on performance practice
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
Hugo Distler and his Organ Works
- Distler's Organ Style
- The Little Chorale Arrangements for Organ op. 8, no. 3
- The individually transmitted Chorale Arrangements
Little Chorale Arrangements for Organ op. 8, no. 3
- Preface of the First Edition
- I. Prelude and Setting "Wie schon leuchtet der Morgenstern" (Epiphany)
- II. Prelude and Setting "Das alte Jahr vergangen ist" (New Year)
- III. Partita and Setting "Jesus Christus, unser Heiland, der von uns den Gotteszorn wandt" (Passion and Holy Communion)
- IV. Three Preludes and Setting "Christe, du Lamm Gottes" (Passion)
- Prelude to Verse 1
- Prelude to Verse 2
- Prelude to Verse 3
- V. Prelude and Setting "Mit Freuden zart" (Easter)
- VI. Prelude and Setting "Ach wie fluchtig, ach wie nichtig" (Sunday in Commemoration of the Dead)
- VII. Partita and Setting "Christ, der du bist der helle Tag" (Evening)
Individually transmitted Chorale Arrangements
- Wie schon leucht' uns der Morgenstern (F major)
- Wie schon leucht't uns der Morgenstern (C major)
- Two Intonations and Setting "Ach bleib uns, Herr Jesu Christ" (melody: "erhalt uns, Herr, bei deinem Wort")
- Small Concerto and Chorale "Vom Himmel Hoch, da komm ich her"
- I. Abbreviations
- II. Editorial Policies
- III. Sources
- IV. Detailed references
- Glossary (the composer's performance instructions)
Customers Who Bought Kleine Orgelchoralbearbeitungen, op. 8, Nr. 3 und einzeln uberlieferte Choralbearbeitungen Also Bought: