Johann Sebastian Bach - Music for Marimba
Meredith Music Percussion. Baroque, Classical. Softcover. 48 pages. Published by Meredith Music (HL.152242).
Item Number: HL.152242
ISBN 1574631314. 9x12 inches.
Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) is widely regarded as one of the greatest composers of the Baroque era of Western classical music. His music, full of rich harmonic language and melodic genius, has endured the course of time and has been transcribed and arranged for all types of instruments and instrumental combinations. His music translates well on the marimba and is frequently used for recital and audition repertoire.
The music in this collection includes many of Bach's best-known works transcribed for the marimba and carefully selected for the developing mallet player. This collection can also serve as a useful resource for the advanced player looking for sight-reading material or repertoire to perform at special events, ceremonies, or receptions.
Each work is presented in versions for both two and four-mallet techniques for marimba players with different ability levels. The works can be performed individually or together in a group.
Includes: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring • O Sacred Head, Now Wounded • Sheep May Safely Graze • Gavotte • Badinerie and Minuet from Orchestral Suite No. 2 • Bourreé • and more.
- JESU, JOY OF MAN'S DESIRING, BWV 147 (2 MALLETS)
- JESU, JOY OF MAN'S DESIRING. BWV 147 (4 MALLETS)
- O SACRED HEAD, NOW WOUNDED, BWV 244
- SCHAFF'S MIT MIR GOTT, BWV 514
- SHEEP MAY SAFELY GRAZE, BWV 208 (2 MALLETS)
- SHEEP MAY SAFELY GRAZE, BWV 208 (4 MALLETS)
- SLEEPERS AWAKE, BWV 645 (2 MALLETS)
- SLEEPERS AWAKE, BWV 645 (4 MALLETS)
- WER NUR DEN LIEBEN GOTT LASST WALTEN, BWV 93
- GAVOTTE IN G MAJOR, BWV 816
- MINUET IN G MAJOR, BWV ANH. 114, 115, 116, 132
- PRELUDE IN C MAJOR, BWV 846 (2 MALLETS)
- PRELUDE IN C MAJOR, BWV 846 (4 MALLETS)
- AIR FROM ORCHESTAL SUITE NO. 2, BWV 1086
- MINUET FROM ORCHESTRAL SUITE NO.2, BWV 1067
- BADINERIE FROM ORCHESTRAL SUITE NO.2, BWV 1067
- BOURREE FROM SUITE IN E MINOR, BWV 996 (2 MALLETS)
- BOURREE FROM SUITE IN E MINOR, BWV 996 (4 MALLETS)
- ACH WIE FLUCHTIG, ACH WIE NICHTIG, BWV 26
- PRELUDE IN F MAJOR, BWV 927
Customers Who Bought Johann Sebastian Bach - Music for Marimba Also Bought: