Intermediate Measures of Music Audiation (Grade 1-6) - CD-ROM 5-Pack
Five pack to run on up to five computers. Music Testing. Music Education. CD. GIA Publications #2593CDROMB. Published by GIA Publications (GI.G-2593CDROMB).
Item Number: GI.G-2593CDROMB
Intermediate Measures of Music Audiation(IMMA) is designed to diagnose and measure music potential of older children or younger students who find the PMMA too easy. It is the only brief, longitudinally valid music aptitude test for Grades 1 through 6.
IMMA is crucial in helping music teachers adapt instruction to the individual needs of their students. Students do not need to be able to read music or have prior music instruction to take IMMA. The test is divided into two equal parts, Tonal and Rhythm, and each part takes 20 to 25 minutes to administer. The IMMA CD-ROM is self-scoring and is intended for use on a single computer.
Edwin E. Gordonis Research Professor, University of South Carolina, and the world's leading researcher in the music aptitude field.
PMMA 1.0 to 1.1 Update
Changes in PMMA 1.1
- Uses one passcode to access the program, access teacher options, activate navigation buttons,
and see the quick score frame.
- Uses STOP signs or CONTINUE buttons in place of passcodes.
- Displays a color splash screen for easy identification of the restart frame.
- Allows teachername input during log-in.
- Contains an option to prevent student input during log-in.
- Highlights new entries in green for easy identification during log-in.
- Allows administrator to clear previous scores during log-in.
- Quickly prints, exports, or clears all records containing scores from the teacher options frame.
- Includes new navigation features: skip headphones test, skip instructions, jump to test, jump back,
restart/quit buttons at the end of the test.
- Disables the ESCAPE key to prevent accidental quitting.
- Alerts invalid date entries while editing student data.
- Eliminates unintended choices when double-clicking.
- Allows administrator to restore the student data file without using the installation disk.
- Automatically changes read-only files to read and write.
*FREE Software Update Available
Download the free Update for PMMA from v1.0 to v 1.1 (Windows).
Download the free Update for PMMA from v1.0 to v 1.1 (MAC).
You will need to have your Version 1.0 CD ROM to complete the update process.
System requirements: Microsoft Windows running Windows 98 with 64 MB of RAM, Windows 2000, XP or Vista with 128 MB of RAM, Mac OS X with 128 MB of RAM, using Mac OS X v.10.1.5 or higher (NOT compatible with Mac OS X Lion).