There are currently no items in your cart.
By Frederic Chiu. By Gerald Gurdjieff, Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750), and Thomas De Hartmann. Classical. 1 listening CD. Published by Centaur (NX.CRC3468).
Item Number: NX.CRC3468
George Ivanovich Gurdjieff, Greek-Armenian mystic, writer, and composer, was active in his work in the early 20th century. As part of his work as a mystic, he incorporated spiritual dance. To accompany these dances, he composed piano works along with the help of his 'spiritual disciple', Thomas de Hartmann. These pieces were written during what is referred to as his "second period." Award winning pianist Frederic Chiu plays these works giftedly.
About Listening CDs
Listening CDs are traditional music recordings. Listening CDs make a great educational supplement - hear exceptional professionals play the music you're learning! Or, just enjoy listening to the music you love.
- 01. Sayyid Chant (#15)
- 02. Hymns of a great temple #2 â€“ Lento
- 03. Bayaty (#35)
- 04. Hymn #3 â€“ Lento
- 05. Sayyid Chant and Dance (#8)
- 06. Hymn #4 â€“ Larghetto
- 07. Sayyid Chant and Dance ($42) â€“ Moderato
- 08. Hymn #1 â€“ Lento
- 09. Dervish Chant and Dance (#7) â€“ Andante con moto
- 10. Hymn #5 â€“ Andante cantabile
- 11. Dance (#24)
- 12. Hymn #7 â€“ Rythme oriental
- 13. Sayyid Chant and Dance (#3)
- 14. Hymn #6 â€“ Allegretto con moto
- 15. Sayyid Chant and Dance (#23) â€“ Liberamente
- 16. Hymn #8 â€“ En Contrepoint de rythme
- 17. Sayyid Chant and Dance (#29)
- 18. Hymn #9 â€“ Pesante e molto largo
- 19. Sayyid Chant and Dance (#10) â€“ Andante e Molto cantabile ed espressivo
- 20. Bach/Chiu Erbarme Dich from St Matthew Passion