How to Play the Five String Banjo
Volume 1. Music Minus One. Instruction. Softcover with CD. 48 pages. Music Minus One #MMO4402. Published by Music Minus One (HL.400505).
Item Number: HL.400505
ISBN 1596156384. 9x12.25 inches. Dick Weissman and Dan Fox.
Designed for newcomers to the banjo, this is the first volume of Dick Weissman and Dan Fox's simple method to mastery of the only indigenous American musical instrument. Includes a high-quality printed music book, with explanatory text, and a narrated CD featuring every exercise and composition in the method book.
Performed by Dick Weissman, banjo.
- Tuning the Banjo; Reading Music for the Five-string Banjo
- Skip to My Lou
- Go Tell Aunt Rhody
- Polly Wolly Doodle
- Introducing the Basic Strum
- Hush Little Baby
- Buffalo Gals
- Whoa Mule
- Introducing the C Chord
- Red River Valley Performed by Traditional (American Cowboy Song)
- Oh Susanna Performed by Stephen Foster
- Hammering On
- London Bridge
- Crawdad Song
- Hammering on the G Chord; Advanced Hammering On
- Sourwood Mountain
- Jesse James
- 3/4 Time Performed by Dick Weissman
- Down in the Valley
- On Top of Old Smoky
- The C Tuning
- Merrily We Roll Along
- More on the C Tuning
- Wabash Cannonball
- Pulling Off
- Careless Love
- Worried Man Blues
- The Capo and How to Use It; Buying a Banjo, Selecting a Teacher, Etc.
Customers Who Bought How to Play the Five String Banjo Also Bought: