Heures mystiques: 50 Versets
Heures mystiques: 50 Versets. Composed by Leon Boellmann (1862-1897). Edited by Helga Schauerte-Maubouet. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Leon Boellmann. Complete Organ Works III,III \| BARENREITER URTEXT. Performance score, anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA08464. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA08464).
Item Number: BA.BA08464
ISBN 9790006525102. 30 x 23 cm inches.
Leon Boellmann (1862-1897) studied at the Ecole Niedermeyer and was titular organist at St-Vincent-de-Paul in Paris. In the tradition of Saint-Saens, Franck and Gigout, his compositions reflect the elegant urbanity of the Belle epoque.
Published in 1896, Heures mystiques is a collection of one-hundred short pieces for organ or harmonium offering organists a treasure-trove of easy compositions for use in church services. The appendix contains suggested alterations to the musical text as examples for imaginative renditions on multi-manual instruments.
- First complete Urtext edition of the works of Leon Boellmann in six volumes
- Easy pieces for use in church services
- Based on the latest scholarship and newly discovered sources
- Detailed preface and critical report in French, English and German
- Facsimiles of previously unknown source material and catalogue of sources
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
Customers Who Bought Heures mystiques: 50 Versets Also Bought: