First Steps in Music: Preschool and Beyond - Basic + Package
Curriculum Book, 8 Books and 4 CDs. Composed by John M. Feierabend. First Steps in Music. Sacred. Curriculum book, 8 books and 4 CDs. Published by GIA Publications (GI.G-7001A).
Item Number: GI.G-7001A
This Bundle is perfect for the teacher wanting everything at a great price! It includes one of each of the following items (a retail total value of over $200.00):
- First Steps in Music, Preschool and Beyond Curriculum Book (G-5880)
- Keeping the Beat CD (CD493)
- There's a Hole in the Bucket CD (CD645)
- Had a Little Rooster CD (CD646)
- Old Joe Clark CD (CD647)
- The Book of Fingerplays and Action Songs (G-5877)
- The Book of Songs and Rhymes with Beat Motions (G-5879)
- The Book of Children's Song Tales (G-5280)
- The Book of Beginning Circle Games (G-5878)
- The Book of Pitch Exploration (G-5276)
- The Book of Movement Exploration (G-5876)
- The Book of Call and Response (G-5278)
- The Book of Echo Songs (G-5277)
Written by a national leader in early childhood music education, this creatively illustrated book contains everything you need to lead a music class for preschool and early elementary students, including:
- Echo Songs, Call-and-Response Songs, Simple Songs, SongTales, Action Songs, Circle Games, Beat Motion Activities, and more.
- Repertoire based only on folk or traditional songs and rhymes, because of their natural melodic expressiveness and language flow, and for their texts filled with wonder.
- Complete lesson plans for a three-year curriculum.
- Full coordination with high-quality recordings that contain all the rhymes and music from this book- perfect for parents to play at home or in the car.
- Suggestions on setting up a class, preparing parents, record keeping, expanding your music program, and planning ahead.
- A classical music component, perfect for movement and exploration.
The complete package for Early Elementary! Bundle includes one copy of each: Curriculum Book, the eight "Book of" for Early Elementary, the three CDs for Early Elementary plus the Keeping the Beat CD.
Advanced research continually points to the importance of music in the lives of young children. You can further their musical growth with First Steps in Music!
John M. Feierabend, PhD, has spent decades compiling songs and rhymes from the memories of the American people, in hopes that these treasures will be preserved for future generations. He is a Professor of Music Education at The Hartt School of the University of Hartford and is a past President of the Organization of American Kodaly Educators. He has given presentations in all 50 states and many other countries. He is the author of over 70 books, recordings, and DVDs, several of which served as the inspiration for the award winning PBS children's television series Lomax: The Hound of Music.
Customers Who Bought First Steps in Music: Preschool and Beyond - Basic + Package Also Bought: