Elementary Duets, Volume 1
Marimba, Xylophone, Percussion Ensemble - Easy/Beginner
Composed by Jim Evans. 8 pages. Published by Jim Evans (S0.211891).
Item Number: S0.211891
A collection of four duets written with the youngest players in mind!
- Ranges limited so that students can focus on rhythmic accuracy, tone quality, dynamics, and expression.
- Rhythms are limited to whole, dotted half, half, quarter, and paired eighth notes. Rhythms that even the youngest musicians can count! No syncopation!
- No pick-ups! Each piece starts on a downbeat so the kids can come in with confidence!
- Each piece is about one minute in length to accommodate the limited stamina of younger players.
- A variety of styles and moods to motivate students
- Every measure of each part and score is numbered! You're welcome! ;)
- Duets may be performed by any two instruments, with like or mixed instrumentation, but if you use mixed instrumentaion you may have better results if upper instruments play the top line and lower instruments play the bottom line. Also, it may be preferable to avoid having two tubas, as the results may be less desirable.
- Books for Flute/Oboe, Bb treble, Eb treble, Tenor Saxophone, Horn, Bass Clef, Tuba, Bells/Xylophone
Range: Low A - G
Focus: Staccato, Slur, Phrasing, Dynamic Contrast
Range: Low A G
Focus: Staccato, Triple Meter, Phrasing
Key: C minor
Range: Bb - Ab
Focus: Staccato, Slur, Phrasing, Dynamic Contrast,
Note: The second part on this piece may be expecially challenging for young flute, oboe, and trombone players.
Give and Take
Range: Bb - F
Focus: Interplay between voices, especially contrasting staccato and legato, Triple Meter
Note: The meter signature of 3/2 allows for livelier rhythmic content without presenting sixteenth notes. Students should be able to read it in 6/4, then perform it in three when they get a "feel" for it.Elementary Duets, Volume 1
About SMP Press
This product was created by a member of SMP Press, our global community of independent composers, arrangers, and songwriters. Our independent musicians have created unique compositions and arrangements for the Sheet Music Plus community, many of which are not available anywhere else.
Click here to see more titles from these independent creators and to learn more about SMP Press.
Please note this product may not be eligible for all sales, promotions or coupons offered through Sheet Music Plus - please check promotional details for specifics.
About Digital Downloads
Digital Downloads are downloadable sheet music files that can be viewed directly on your computer, tablet or mobile device. Once you download your digital sheet music, you can view and print it at home, school, or anywhere you want to make music, and you don’t have to be connected to the internet. Just purchase, download and play!
PLEASE NOTE: Your Digital Download will have a watermark at the bottom of each page that will include your name, purchase date and number of copies purchased. You are only authorized to print the number of copies that you have purchased. You may not digitally distribute or print more copies than purchased for use (i.e., you may not print or digitally distribute individual copies to friends or students).
Customers Who Bought Elementary Duets, Volume 1 Also Bought: