There are currently no items in your cart.
Dreissig Spielstuecke / Orgelsonate (Trio) op. 18, 1+2
Organ - UK Grade 1
Centennial Jubilee Edition. Composed by Hugo Distler (1908-1942). Edited by Armin Schoof. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Hugo Distler. New Edition of the Complete Organ Works III \| BARENREITER URTEXT. Edition for Distler's 100th anniversary. Performance score. Opus 18, 1+2. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09233. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09233).
Item Number: BA.BA09233
ISBN 9790006534463. 30.5 x 24 cm inches.
Hugo Distler studied organ with Gunther Ramin and composition with Hermann Grabner in Leipzig .
He then worked as cantor and organist at St. Jacobi in Lubeck and taught composition and organ at the Stuttgart Musikhochschule from 1937 onwards.
In 1940 he took up the same position at the Berlin Musikhochschule and also became director of the Berlin Cathedral Choir in 1941.
Considerably influenced by the Lubeck Stellwagen organ at St. Jacobi, he championed the characteristic pre-Baroque and Baroque sound of the organ and the forms which best suited it. His stylistic preference was for a specifically neo-Baroque, functional-objective type of sound.
This critical edition with previously unpublished works includes the forewords of the first editions, facsimiles, a critical commentary for each volume as well as a list of sources.
- First Urtext edition of Hugo Distler's organ works
- Includes previously unpublished works
- Reflects the latest state of research
- Detailed foreword, critical commentary (Ger/Eng), facsimiles and tips on performance practice
Hugo Distler and his Organ Works
- Distler's Organ Style
- The Stuttgart Organ Works op. 18, nos. 1 and 2
- Specification of the House Organ
Thirty Pieces for Small Organ or other Keyboard Instruments op. 18, no. 1
- Nr. 1-4
- Nr. 5-11
- Nr. 12-17: Variations "Fisch auf, gut Gsell, lass rummer gahn"
- Nr. 18-24: Variations "Elselein, liebstes Elselein"
- Nr. 25-30: Variations "Wo Gott zu Haus nit givt sein Gunst"
- Epilogue of the First Edition
- The Editor's Comment on the Epiloguue of the First Edition
Organ Sonata (Trio), op. 18, no. 2
- Performance Instructions of the First Edition
- I. Quick, energetic half notes
- II. Introduction
- III. Rather fast eighth notes
- I. Abbreviations
- II. Editorial Policies
- III. Sources
- IV. Detailed references
- Glossary (the composer's performance instructions)
Customers Who Bought Dreissig Spielstuecke / Orgelsonate (Trio) op. 18, 1+2 Also Bought: