There are currently no items in your cart.
Dmitri Hvorostovsky sings of War, Peace, Love and Sorrow
By "Evgeny Svetlanov" Academic State Symphony Orchestra of Russia, Asmik Grigorian, Constantine Orbelian, Dmitri Hvorostovsky, Helikon-Opera Chorus, Igor Morozov, Irina Shishkova, Mikhail Guzhov, and Vadim Volkov. By Anton Rubinstein (1829-1894), Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840-1893), and Sergei Prokofiev (1891-1953). Classical. Listening CD. Naxos #DE 3517. Published by Naxos (NX.DE-3517).
Item Number: NX.DE-3517
Virtuosic harpsichordists Jory Vinikour and Philippe LeRoy have joined forces to present this dazzling recording of Antonio Soler's Baroque masterpiece, Six Concerti for Two Keyboards. Antonio Soler was an ordained priest who taught music to the Spanish elite. He is known for his harpsichord sonatas, which make up an irreplaceable facet of Baroque keyboard literature. These works are comparable in demand and delight, but are much less frequently performed and recorded. Vinikour and LeRoy both have brilliant solo careers who have gained an international following. They frequently perform as a duo, and Vinikour's solo performances have been recorded on several recordings from Delos.
About Listening CDs
Listening CDs are traditional music recordings. Listening CDs make a great educational supplement - hear exceptional professionals play the music you're learning! Or, just enjoy listening to the music you love.
- 01. War and Peace, Scene 1 Composed by Sergei Prokofiev
- 02. Mazeppa, Mazeppa's Aria Composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- 03. Iolanta, Robert's Aria Composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- 04. Queen of Spades, Tomsky's Ballad Composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- 05: Queen of Spades, Tomsky's Song Composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- 06. The Demon, Scene 6 Composed by Anton Rubinstein