Complete Organ Works, Volume VI
Composed by Gerard Bunk. Edited by Jan Boecker. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Gerard Bunk. Complete Organ Works 6 \| BARENREITER URTEXT. Performance score, anthology, CD-Rom. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09286. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09286).
Item Number: BA.BA09286
ISBN 9790006537204. 30 x 23 cm inches. Text Language: German/English. Preface: Jan Boecker.
The complete edition of Bunk's organ music comes to an end with the publication of volume VI which contains organ works of a primarily liturgical nature. The quality of the music can be compared with compositions by Max Reger and Sigfrid Karg-Elert.
This Urtext edition, prepared by the composer's grandson, is the result of a thorough study of the sources based on the latest findings of musical scholarship. Each volume includes a detailed foreword, a Critical Commentary, and many facsimiles and illustrations.
Inserted in the volume is a CD which shows a facsimile reproduction of the first edition of Gerard Bunk's Liebe zur Orgel. This reference book by the late Romantic composer, which was highly regarded by none less than Albert Schweitzer and which affords valuable insights into the art of organ building and organ playing in Germany during the first half of the 20th century, has hence been made available again to interested organists and church musicians.
* First complete Urtext edition of Bunk's organ works
* Edited by the composer's grandson
* Detailed foreword and Critical Commentary for each volume (Ger/Eng)
* Many facsimiles and illustrations
"Wilhelmus van Nassouwe en Choral""Nun danket alle Gott"
"Kleine Fantasie uber C.H.D.B."for organ or piano
Chorale prelude"Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme"(trio for 2 manuals and pedals)
37 short chorale improvisations for liturgical use
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
Customers Who Bought Complete Organ Works, Volume VI Also Bought: