Christmas Carols for All, Volume 2
Woodwind Duet, Woodwind Trio, Woodwind Quartet, Woodwind Quintet, Woodwind Choir or Ensemble, Brass Duet, Brass Trio, Brass Quartet, Brass Quintet, Brass Choir or Ensemble, String Duet, String Trio, String Quartet, Concert Band, Full Orchestra, String Orchestra, Chamber Orchestra - Intermediate
Composed by Various. Arranged by Randy Calistri-Yeh. Classical Period, Christian, General Worship, Christmas. Score. 96 pages. Published by Custom Chamber Music (S0.272817).
Item Number: S0.272817
Volume 2 of our Christmas collection (the "Red Book") contains ten more classic Christmas carols that both you and your audience are sure to love.
Be sure to also check out Volumes 1 and 3, each with 10 different carols!
These holiday favorites can be played with anywhere from 1 to 7 parts, suitable for a single solo, a chamber group, a pickup group for church choir accompaniment, or a full band or orchestra (school, community, or professional). This is one of the most versatile collections you'll ever use!
The carols included in Volume 2 are:
- Angels We Have Heard on High
- Away in a Manger (Cradle Song)
- Deck the Halls
- Good Christian Men Rejoice (In Dulci Jubilo)
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
- I Saw Three Ships
- Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming
- O Holy Night
- O Little Town of Bethlehem (Forest Green)
- The First Noel
Each carol is in its original key, so it is easy to combine these with your own choir or piano/organ parts. Each carol also includes a new original descant counter-melody to feature your soloists and add a unique sound to your performance.
This collection contains full-score books for C, Bb, Eb, and F instruments, allowing players to trade parts on different verses and songs. All four transpositions work together, so you can have different instruments playing from different books.
The seven part ranges and descriptions are:
- Part 1 (F4 - G5): descant. This is a new original counter-melody, traditionally only played on the final verse, but you can play it whenever you want.
- Part 2 (C4 - F5): main melody. Remember, main melody is part 2, not part 1.
- Part 3 (A3 - Bb4): harmony.
- Part 4 (C3 - F#4) : harmony.
- Part 5 (F2 - D4): harmony
- Part 6 (E2 - F3): harmony.
- Part 7 (C3 - F4): melody down 1 octave. This doubles the melody, or gives the melody to a lower instrument while all others play harmony.
For each size ensemble, you can mix and match any parts as long as you include at least one melody. A few possibilities:
- Solo: Part 2.
- Duet: Part 2 and any other part.
- Trio: Part 2 and any two harmonies. Part 1, 2, any one harmony.
- Quartet: Part 2, 3, 4, 5 (standard SATB voicing). Part 2 and any three harmonies. Part 1, 2, any two harmonies.
- Quintet: Part 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (full harmony). Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 6. Part 2, 3, 4, 5, 7.
- Sextet: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (full harmony with descant). Part 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7.
- Septet: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
About SMP Press
This product was created by a member of SMP Press, our global community of independent composers, arrangers, and songwriters. Our independent musicians have created unique compositions and arrangements for the Sheet Music Plus community, many of which are not available anywhere else.
Click here to see more titles from these independent creators and to learn more about SMP Press.
Please note this product may not be eligible for all sales, promotions or coupons offered through Sheet Music Plus - please check promotional details for specifics.
About Digital Downloads
Top Selling Band Titles
Various Sheet Music Various Violin Sheet Music Various Brass Duet Sheet Music Various Brass Quartet Sheet Music Various Brass Quintet Sheet Music Various Chamber Orchestra Sheet Music Various Concert Band Sheet Music Various Full Orchestra Sheet Music Various String Orchestra Sheet Music Various Woodwind Duet Sheet Music Various Woodwind Quartet Sheet Music Various Woodwind Quintet Sheet Music