There are currently no items in your cart.
Chanson De Nuit - Chanson De Matin Op. 15
Cello & Piano Cello; Piano Accompaniment (Cello Part And Piano Score)
Cello and Piano. Composed by Edward Elgar (1857-1934). Edited by Rupert Marshall-Luck. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover. 24 pages. G. Henle #HN1478. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481478).
Item Number: HL.51481478
Like Elgar's Salut damour, the two "chansons" are amongst his most popular melodies. The dreamy "Chanson de nuit" and its cheerful counterpart "Chanson de matin" are often performed together. Composer and publisher already sensed that this "evergreen" would build on the success of Elgars Salut damour, and they similarly planned arrangements of this pair of works for various instruments. Not all of them came from Elgars own pen, although the cello arrangement probably does, for he himself wrote to the publisher "A cello arrangement should be useful: I have written it where necessary in the tenor clef: I understand that amateurs of small attainments prefer the treble clef". He was thus consciously aiminghis arrangement at amateurs, something that should not prevent advanced and professional cellists from revelling in these charming melodies in Henle's Urtext edition.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)