Purchasing, Maintenance, Troubleshooting and More. Meredith Music Resource. Instruction, Brass Reference. Softcover. 96 pages. Published by Meredith Music (HL.233563).
Item Number: HL.233563
ISBN 1574631497. 7x10 inches. David Fedderly and Sally Wagner.
What instruments brands provide the best value? Are used instruments a good investment? What mouthpiece should beginners use? Single or double horn? Is there a way to make it easier for beginners to play the tuba? Why are certain valve combinations always out of tune? When is it time to move to an F attachment trombone? What's the difference between compensating and non-compensating – isn't that what the 4th valve does? What's this I hear about trombone lung? These and countless other questions about purchasing, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and storing brass instruments are answered in this comprehensive yet concise handbook.
• Purchasing - brands to consider and prices to expect
• Maintenance - lubrication, cleaning and maintaining brass in top condition
• Troubleshooting - quick repairs, what to look for and preventive measures
• Repair - what can be done with a few tools and what REALLY needs a brass repairman
• Storage - how to protect your instrument and your investment
• Tuning - tendencies and solutions for ALL valved brass
• Mouthpieces - a good place to start and what comes next
• Mutes - shapes, types and pitch tendencies
• Building a brass tool kit - what to include.
Customers Who Bought Brass Instruments Also Bought: