Ausgewahlte Orgelwerke II
Organ - Difficulty: medium
Composed by Felix Alexandre Guilmant (1837-1911). Edited by Wolf Kalipp. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Selected Organ Works II \| BARENREITER URTEXT. Classical Period. Organ solo book. With organ notation, biographical information, glossary and introductory text. 167 pages. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA08408. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA08408).
Item Number: BA.BA08408
ISBN 9790006506088. 9x12 inches.
Alexandre Guilmant was organist at the Trinity Church in Paris and a professor at the Conservatoire. His influence was widespread and an entire school was founded on his playing.
Guilmant's eight organ sonatas are classics of the French Romantic organ tradition and belong to the core repertoire of organists everywhere. His late organ sonatas in particular draw on the idiomatic styles of Beethoven, Mendelssohn and Schumann while paying homage to the Belle Epoque.
- First scholarly-critical edition of Guilmant's organ music
- Based on latest scholarly research. Includes previously unexplored sources
- Included in each volume is a detailed foreword (Fr/Eng/Ger), critical report (Ger) with an initial explanatory text (Fr/Ger/Eng), and catalogue of sources
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
- Sonata #7 Op. 89, F Major
- Sonata #8 Op. 91, A Major
- Sonata #5 Op. 80, C Minor
- Sonata #6 Op. 86, B Minor
Customers Who Bought Ausgewahlte Orgelwerke II Also Bought: