There are currently no items in your cart.
By Gowanus Arts Ensemble and Reuben Blundell. By Carl Busch, Carl Hillmann, Eugene Arcade Dede, Frederick Shepherd Converse, Henry Schoenefeld, Ludwig Bonvin, Paul Miersch, Arthur William Foote, and Horatio Parker (1863-1919). Classical. Listening CD. Published by Naxos (NX.FCR166).
Item Number: NX.FCR166
In cooperation with the Fleischer Collection, conductor Reuben Blundell (New York's Hunter College faculty) presents this recording of premieres of several works for string orchestra by Late-Romantic American Composers. These composers from the Second New England School (such as Horatio Parker and Arthur Foote), and also immigrant composers from Europe (such as Carl Busch and Ludwig Bonvin) drew from European traditions, Americana, and native American musical traditions alike, shaping American musical life well into the 20th century and beyond.
About Listening CDs
Listening CDs are traditional music recordings. Listening CDs make a great educational supplement - hear exceptional professionals play the music you're learning! Or, just enjoy listening to the music you love.
- 01. Omaha Indian Love Song (from Four North American Legends) Composed by Carl Busch
- 02. Pleasant memories (Gais Souvenirs) - Pizzicato Caprice pour Instruments a cordes Composed by Paul Miersch
- 03. Christmas Night's Dream (Christnachtstraum), Op. 10 Composed by Ludwig Bonvin
- 04. Lullaby (Wegenlied), Op. 21 Composed by Carl Hillman
- 05. Scherzo, for Strings Composed by Horatio Parker
- 06. Chippewa Lullaby (from Four North American Legends) Composed by Carl Busch
- 07. Elegie, Op. 30 Composed by Carl Busch
- 08. Bees and Bumblebees (Abeilles et Bourdons), Op. 562 Composed by Eugene Arcade Dede
- 09. Air Composed by Arthur William Foote
- 10. Gavotte Composed by Arthur William Foote
- 11. Serenade Composed by Frederick Shepherd Converse
- 12. Scherzo (from Characteristic Suite, Op. 15) Composed by Henry Schoenefeld