There are currently no items in your cart.
A First Book of Twenty-Five Well-Known Tunes for Ukulele, for Beginners
Ukulele - Level 1 - Digital Download
Composed by Traditional and Famous Melodies. Arranged by Dan Jones www.danjonesguitarist.com. Christmas, Classical, Folk, Instructional, World. Score. 30 pages. Danie Jones #6632871. Published by Danie Jones (A0.851204).
Item Number: A0.851204
A First Book of Twenty-Five Well-Known Tunes for Ukulele For Beginners
As aprofessional teacher of guitar, bass and ukulele of more than twenty-fiveyears’ experience, it has often struck me that beginner ukulele players tend tobe taught chords rather than melodies. There’s much to be said for enjoying theresonance of a chord, but many of my beginner pupils have loved playing tuneswhich I’ve usually arranged myself. Therefore, I’ve decided to collecttwenty-five of these melodies and publish them in this collection.
The contents of this book are especiallysuitable for beginners as:
· Allthe tunes are printed in notes and TAB
· Allthe tunes have chord symbols to be played by fellow pupils or a teacher
· Thetunes are in large print. It’s amazing how often teachers forget the difficultyyoung beginners have in reading notes, and how often scores are presented intiny print (perhaps to save costs)
· The melodiesare well-known and popular
· Somerhythms are simplified so that learners can concentrate on playing theinstrument, rather than deciphering a musicians’ code. Teachers can addmore-complex rhythms later should they wish
· Thekeys chosen are idiomatic and comfortable for the instrument
· Theaddition of TAB means that the tunes can be played on any size of ukulele,without the need to transpose.
· Chordsin brackets are either optional alternatives or reminders.
(1) She’ll BeComing Down the Mountain
(2) Skip To My Lou
(3) Blow the Man Down
(4) Hava Nagila
(5) My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean
(7) House of the Rising Sun
(8) Hush Little Baby Don’t Say a Word
(9) London’s Burning
(10) Amazing Grace
(11) Scarborough Fair
(12) Ode to Joy (from Beethoven’s 9thSymphony)
(13) Loch Lomond
(14) Auld Lang Syne
(15) The Banks of The Bann (Be Thou My Vision)
(16) The Skye Boat Song
(17) Theme from Clarinet Concerto by W A Mozart
(18) Cradle Song by Johann Brahms
(19) Ar Hyd a Nos (All Through the Night)
(20) Susanna by Stephen Foster
(21) Away in a Manger by William Kirkpatrick
(22) Whisky In the Jar
(23) Michael, Row the Boat Ashore
(24) I Saw Three Ships
(25) As Sylvie was Walking
For a wealth of music for guitar, ukuleleand other instruments, solo and in ensemble, as well as free lessons anddownloads, please visit www.danjonesguitarist.com.
I have also written a humorous memoir of mytime living and working as a musician in rural France. It makes the perfectgift for musicians. It’s entitled ‘Extracting Goats from Jean-Claude’s Kitchen’and is available at Amazon.
Thank you, and I do hope you enjoy playingthese tunes as much as I have.
The YouTube link shows all twenty-five pieces being performed.
This product was created by a member of ArrangeMe, Hal Leonard’s global self-publishing community of independent composers, arrangers, and songwriters. ArrangeMe allows for the publication of unique arrangements of both popular titles and original compositions from a wide variety of voices and backgrounds.
About Digital Downloads
Digital Downloads are downloadable sheet music files that can be viewed directly on your computer, tablet or mobile device. Once you download your digital sheet music, you can view and print it at home, school, or anywhere you want to make music, and you don’t have to be connected to the internet. Just purchase, download and play!
PLEASE NOTE: Your Digital Download will have a watermark at the bottom of each page that will include your name, purchase date and number of copies purchased. You are only authorized to print the number of copies that you have purchased. You may not digitally distribute or print more copies than purchased for use (i.e., you may not print or digitally distribute individual copies to friends or students).
Top Selling Ukulele Sheet Music