A Composer's Insight - Volume 4
Thoughts, Analysis and Commentary on Contemporary Masterpieces for Wind Band. Edited by Timothy Salzman. Meredith Music Resource. Composition. Softcover. 276 pages. Published by Meredith Music (HL.317194).
Item Number: HL.317194
ISBN 1574631543. 8.5x11 inches. Edited by Timothy Salzman.
A Composer's Insight, Volume 4 is the fourth in a five-volume series on major contemporary composers and their works for wind band. Included in this initial volume are rare, “behind-the-notes” perspectives acquired from personal interviews with each composer. An excellent resource for conductors, composers or enthusiasts interested in acquiring a richer musical understanding of the composers' training, compositional approach, musical influences and interpretative ideas. Features the music of: Samuel Adler, David Bedford, Daniel Bukvich, David Del Tredici, Eric Ewazen, Walter Hartley, Joseph Wilcox Jenkins, Joan Tower, Joseph Turrin, Dan Welcher and Dana Wilson.
- SAMUEL ADLER by Mitchell Lutch
- DAVID BEDFORD by Evan Feldman
- DANIEL BUKVICH by Brian Chin
- DAVID DEL TREDICI by Scott Atchison
- ERIC EWAZEN by Philip Brown
- WALTER HARTLEY by Nseobong E. Ekpo
- JOSEPH WILLCOX JENKINS by William Berz and Daniel Zugale
- JOAN TOWER by Margaret Young-Weitzel
- JOSEPH TURRIN by Eric Smedley
- DAN WELCHER by Ysabel Sarte
- DANA WILSON by Laura Stambaugh
Customers Who Bought A Composer's Insight - Volume 4 Also Bought: