A Composer's Insight, Volume 1
Thoughts, Analysis and Commentary on Contemporary Masterpieces for Wind Band. Meredith Music Resource. Softcover. Published by Meredith Music (HL.317131).
Item Number: HL.317131
ISBN 0634058274. 8.5x11 inches.
A Composer's Insight, Volume 1 – with a foreword by Michael Colgrass – is the first in a five-volume series on major contemporary composers and their works for wind band. Included in this initial volume are rare, “behind-the-notes” perspectives acquired from personal interviews with each composer. An excellent resource for conductors, composers or enthusiasts interested in acquiring a richer musical understanding of the composers' training, compositional approach, musical influences and interpretative ideas. Features the music of: Timothy Broege, Michael Colgrass, Michael Daugherty, David Gillingham, John Harbison, Karel Husa, Alfred Reed and others.
- TIMOTHY BROEGE by David Fullmer
- MICHAEL COLGRASS by Stephen Clickard `
- MICHAEL DAUGHERTY by Judson Scott
- DAVID GILLINGHAM by Raydell Bradley and J. Bradley McDavid
- JOHN HARBISON by Judson Scott
- KAREL HUSA by David Fullmer
- YASUHIDE ITO by Miho Takekawa
- CINDY MCTEE by David Fullmer
- ALFRED REED by David Waltman
- JOSEPH SCHWANTNER by Scott Higbee
- DAVID STANHOPE by Timothy Salzman
- JAMES SYLER by Miriam Krueger and Timothy Salzman
Customers Who Bought A Composer's Insight, Volume 1 Also Bought: