There are currently no items in your cart.
6 Suites For Cello Solo
Cello - Difficulty: medium to medium-difficult
Music volume, text volume (English) and facsimiles (5 booklets). Scholarly-critical performing edition. Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Edited by Douglas Woodfull-Harris and Bettina Schwemer. This edition: Facsimile, Urtext edition. In a folder. Barenreiter Urtext. Sechs Suiten fur Violoncello. Baroque. Critical performing edition, critical text volume (analysis and performance notes) and facsimiles of source manuscripts (5 complete source editions). BWV 1007-1012. 327 pages. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA05216. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA05216).
Item Number: BA.BA05216
ISBN 9790006505722. 9x12 inches. German, English.
A unique edition - all readings at a glance
This new edition, in contrast to the array of Bach Cello Suite publications available today, has made use of all the five sources which have come down to us. The basis for this edition is the most reliable of the sources, the manuscript copy in the hand of Anna Magdalena Bach. All variant readings from the four other sources are clearly laid out for performance. Cellists now have the possibility of rendering performances based on just one of the five sources as well as the option of combining the sources in a mixed version.
This flyer takes you through our various editions of Bach's Cello Suites.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
- Music Volume
- Text volume: Textual Tradition/Performance Practice
- Facsimile - Source A: Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin
- Facsimile - Source B: Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin / Preussischer Kulturbesitz, Mus. ms. Bach P 269; Anna Magdalena Bach, manuscript copy (1727-1731)
- Facsimile - Source C: Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin / Preussischer Kulturbesitz, Mus. ms. Bach P 804; Johann Peter Kellner, manuscript copy (1726)
- Facsimile - Source D: Osterreichische Nationalbibliothek Wien, Mus. Hs. 5007; anonymous copy (late 18th century) Preussischer Kulturbesitz, Mus. ms. Bach P 289; anonymous copy (second half of the 18th century)
- Facsimile - Source E: Janet et Cotelle, Paris (1824); First Edition, Paris
Customers Who Bought 6 Suites For Cello Solo Also Bought: