There are currently no items in your cart.
21 Etudes for Violoncello
Score & Parts Cello
For Violoncello and Piano. Composed by Jean-Louis Duport. Edited by Norbert Gertsch. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover. 42 pages. G. Henle #HN1132. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481132).
Item Number: HL.51481132
"More than 20 years ago I was called upon by friends, artists, and aficionados to write about fingerings for the violoncello," then-famous Berlin cellist Jean-Louis Duport thus opens his "Essai" from 1806, dedicated to "Professeurs de Violoncelle." His methodology revolutionized cello technique, and the 21 etudes printed in its appendix are still regarded today as perhaps the most important set of studies for all budding cellists. Modelled after the volumes of etudes for violin, Henle is also issuing the Urtext here, together with all original fingerings and bowings, while also offering alternatives by the famous cellist and teacher Wolfgang Emanuel Schmidt. This edition also offers a second cello part provided by Duport for accompaniment.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)